Easy, it's Sunday Morning

A day of rest, so they say. I am sitting here this morning wondering how in the world did they fit  eight days into last week and I hope they don't try and do it again this week. I don't want to think about elections, deficits, war or any other "hot topic" today. Other than expressing my thanks to all Veterans on this day I'm in the "don't give one" mode today. On that note fend for yourselves this morning. This may be a bit unconventional but you guys have to provide the links this morning what have you found, what do you think?

But, there is a tune down there

Topic: 

Tags: 

Rating: 

Your rating: None Average: 3 (4 votes)

Comments

Too little, too late.

Glinda's picture

If they had done this in 2009, then maybe some of the 250 plus bills that the House voted on would have been voted on in the Senate.

So if Reid does this right now, how is this exactly going to help? It will be easier to vote on bills passed by a Republican House? Huh?

"I think that the rules have been abused and that we're going to work to change them," Reid, D-Nev., told reporters this past week. "We're not going to do away with the filibuster, but we're going to make the Senate a more meaningful place, we're going to make it so that we can get things done."

Democrats say that vote to change the rules would require a simple majority of senators, and they argue that the Constitution lets Senate majorities write new rules for the chamber. That, in effect, would mean Democrats could change the rules over GOP opposition, assuming 51 Democrats go along.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/11/filibuster-reform-democrats-rep...

Your rating: None Average: 3 (3 votes)

What's a "lighting bolt?"

Glinda's picture

Federal investigators gave Senate Intelligence Committee Chair Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) no advance notice about the investigation that led to the resignation of CIA Director David H. Petraeus, Feinstein said Sunday morning.

“We received no advance notice. It was like a lighting bolt,” Feinstein said on “Fox News Sunday.”

No surprises here: Two consenting adults have an affair. Feinstein goes on Fox News. Next?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2012/11/11/senate-intelli...

Your rating: None Average: 3 (3 votes)

Yes, yes, poor Diane.

Glinda's picture

But I just found out Eric Cantor knew about it.  Ahhh.... the plot thickens.

Eric Cantor, the House majority leader, said Saturday an F.B.I. employee whom his staff described as a whistle-blower told him about Mr. Petraeus’s affair and a possible security breach in late October, which was after the investigation had begun.

NYTimes

Your rating: None Average: 3 (2 votes)

Pages