Open for Discussion - and boy, we should be discussing this and taking action.

Quotes and links are by no means in order of importance.

Duh... if one has been paying attention, then you already know this:

Democrats' Social Security Message Is Muddled In Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi Statements

"I have made it very clear, I have told anyone that will listen -- including everyone in the White House, including the president -- that I am not going to be part of having Social Security as part of these talks relating to this deficit," Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) told reporters at the Capitol.

At the same time, on the other side of the building, the top Democrat in the House of Representatives didn't shut the door on Social Security in deficit talks.

"Our commitment as Democrats is that we believe Social Security and Medicare are pillars of economic and health security for America's seniors," House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said during a press conference. "They should not have cuts made to them in order to give tax cuts to the rich. Any adjustments we would make in them would be to make them stronger, as we did in the Affordable Care Act."

Almost 1K ballots found in Broward elections warehouse

"Happens all the time."  Really? Not where I live.

LAUDERHILL, Fla. (WSVN) -- Nearly a thousand ballots that were not included in Florida's final count have been found in a warehouse in Broward County.{...}

Also keeping elections officials busy is the fact that 963 filled ballots were  found in a warehouse. The supervisor of elections, Dr. Brenda Snipes, said this happens all the time, especially when dealing with paper ballots. Her department is not the only one to have seen more ballots added to the final number after the election, and they have until Nov. 18 to certify all the votes.

Damn, I wish I had the opportunity to bet on this because I would have cleaned up.

Two women in Petraeus sex scandal lose security clearance

The military has suspended U.S. Army security clearance for former CIA  director David Petraeus' mistress as well as the Air Force base pass of the Tampa socialite who sparked the ongoing sex scandal that led to his resignation.

I wholeheartedly support this:

Nearly Half a Million Sign Petition Urging Macy’s to ‘Dump Donald Trump’

The signatories' main beef with Trump is his sexist behavior, but also his hypocrisy, his climate change denial, his racially charged birtherism, and a myriad of other terrible things he's become infamous for.

Ireland Abortion Scandal: Death of a Pregnant Woman Prompts Soul-Searching

"Soul-searching?"  Really?  If one has to search their "soul" to know what the right thing to do in this situation was, then shame on you.

"Liberalized?"  Oh. my. gawd.

The death of an Indian woman who was allegedly refused an abortion even though her life appeared to her and her husband to be in danger has prompted Irish abortion rights activists to protest in several cities around the predominantly Catholic country. The public announcement on Nov. 14 of the woman’s death, which occurred last month in a hospital in the city of Galway, coincides with the release of a report commissioned by the Irish government into whether Ireland’s strict abortion laws should be liberalized.

Warren Buffett endorses Hillary Clinton for 2016

Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said Wednesday he hopes retiring Secretary of State Hillary Clinton runs for president in 2016.

"I don't see how you could have anybody better qualified," the Berkshire Hathaway founder told CNN's Poppy Harlow.

And if and when Hillary Clinton' announces she's going to run for president in 2016, the little pipsqueak Luke Russert will have another another opportunity to ask a sexist and ageist question like Lukey asked Nancy Pelosi today:

And Luke "dug in" afterwards, never apologizing in his twitter feed, only making excuse after excuse after excuse.  Not only that, he spells ageis wrong:  age-ist. 

"Your colleagues privately say that your decision to stay on prohibits the party from having a younger leadership," Russert told Pelosi in a room packed with reporters. "What's your response?" A group of female lawmakers standing behind the Democratic leader immediately began to boo and heckle Russert.

Luke exemplifies the Peter Principle.  But probably not exactly because he hasn't been "promoted" anywhere, just was hired from jumpstreet for a job that he wasn't qualified to get.

One of many of Luke's tweets to excuserise his behavior:

While Pelosi laughed off my Q as age-ist, many House Ds will privately gripe it hurts caucus that all 3 leaders are 70+.

Topic: 

Rating: 

Your rating: None Average: 3 (8 votes)

Comments

If they run Hillary

shaharazade's picture

I'm fucking done and will in my dotage take to the streets even though I already have. It's bad enough I have to deal with the New Democrats', the spawn of the Clinton's, but another Clinton  administration is nothing but a nail in the coffin of the Democratic party as a a  viable choice in the hell we are offered  .The youngest member eligible to vote 18, in my family dragged  her heels and refused to resister as it is so rigged. She's right it is. WTF these voices are  the only ones we hear young like Luke or old like Mrs. Greenspan from the same source we all need to stop listening to.

The whole argument we are presented with is totally bogus. None of this bs. post or before election has anything to do  with what the fuckers who rule the world has declared and will implement as inevitable and the way forward is true.. It's bs and Orwellian regardless of where one stands politically. A false premise that counts on your fear. So strange as they offer nothing that counters your fear other then could be worse.

They are not democratic they  offer nothing but a sick twisted view of the world and a tweaked version of  democracy.  They must be stopped no matter if they say they are inevitable and the way forward. How many assholes in history have proclaimed this as their mantra or the only way forward. fuck them regardless of party or who is the least scary. They both suck and have nothing to do with democracy and human progress which has struggled for centuries to develop a rule of law that rises above these creeps including D's that could care less about humanities everlasting fight for human and now natures rights.   

Your rating: None Average: 3 (6 votes)

see, this is why poligirl's party posts are good

Shahryar's picture

I don't believe anything's going to get better so we might as well enjoy ourselves and entertain others.

At the same time, we can work at trying to influence the rest of the world. I wouldn't expect that to be successful at it but it can't hurt.

Still, since I don't count on that working, I'm going to keep listening to garage rock from the 60s and seeing local bands. Maybe even find some other stuff, like gallery openings if there's anything worth seeing.

Your rating: None Average: 2.8 (4 votes)

although your right

shaharazade's picture

about nothing getting better this is not reality. It may be the current reality but it is not sustainable in any way. Nature, which could give a rats ass about politics or profit will continue to shake us off. Democracy a enlightened concept will wither and die.. 

Human yearnings for  justice, equality and  inalienable rights?  I just don't buy the propaganda that says this is inevitable and there is nothing we can do as humans living on this world. The struggles we face as humans is as old as humanity and then some who knows. It's eternal and ignoring reality may be more fun and satisfying, it cannot ever replace the existential  basic question we all face. These same questions are a constant that have to be fought for over and over.

They lurk beneath the surface and challenge our joy of life, the universal ties that bind us all as humans. So eat drink and be merry cause we all are just  temporarily here and yet are we? Maybe it's just a stage and we are gone in a flash time wise but  to me it seems the chain of individuals human action and caring that lives on and on. Call it karma, call it reality it's what makes the future it's created by all of us. So great go to clubs create music that  is a good thing but so is moving humanity to a level where we all create the reality we must live with and that sustains the very life of our home the planet. Meanwhile you with your music do more for the world at large then me with my useless freaking out and inability to rise above the reality presented.   

Your rating: None Average: 3 (2 votes)

Right on, Sister Shaharazade

geomoo's picture

That was something else.  Please allow me to bring it down to the juvenile level.

Speaking of being dead one day, did you watch that Lewis Black video triv posted?  He was asked what he thought about the Clint Eastwood speech.  He says, you know how you might be at a restaurant, and someone has a heart attack, and you suddenly realize, "I'm going to die one day."  He said it felt like that.  Then he fake reacted to Eastwood's act, alarmed, "I'm going to die one day, too."  It's the "too" that cracked me up.

I wish I could eat, drink, and be merry.  We need that music, though, to hold together our collective unconscious, which is in dire need of replenishment through collective exuberance.  (Sorry to harp on this.)

Maybe a little horror warning before the abortion story

geomoo's picture

I sent that story around, but I warned people--this is rough.  My excuse for subjecting people to that was the belief it is important to understand, for us all to understand in our guts, that intrusion on women's reproductive freedom can indeed go this far.  It can lead to the death of the women through willful neglect.  As we watch the fierce struggle for women's reproductive rights here in America, we need to keep in mind what is at stake.  The stakes are very high.

Hillary:  "Hope and Change in a Skirt"

Glad to see some pushback on a person who reflects back to us the worst of who we are, Donald Trump.

But mainly and most discouragingly, I'm sorry to say that I feel I know what's coming down the road in terms of ever deeper impoverishment for the people, and I feel discouaged that any of the methods I have used in the past can stop it.  Sorry for reacting that way.  That feeling won't stop me from trying, but I feel I see the future all laid out.  Those quotes, pretending to set the stage for a hard-fought battle--that is pure kabuki.  How many times have we seen this?

Your rating: None Average: 3 (4 votes)

How stuck in time

shaharazade's picture

and the false status quo are we that Hillary Clinton is now the rallying cry of the sorry state of the Democratic party. Can't these people, who are supposedly Democrat's see beyond the limitations of the short sided political game at hand? Jeeze, time marches on and hopefully we the people will come to our collective senses and demand some freaking democratic representation other then Bush vs.Clinton,  a variation of  the NWO neocon neoliberal theme,  for ever and ever cause this is our reality.  What bs.  What kind of vision of the future is this where in we just agree that the false narratives we are allowed to choose from is 'inevitable' and pragmatic cause everybody knows any real change or democratic governance is not possible given our bogus choices. Great Hillary's a badass who will fight like hell to maintain the status quo and reign hell fire down on anyone who disagrees.