Weekend Question Open Thread

Well, it's the holiday season, so I figured this question is a good one.

What is your favorite part of the holiday season and why?

There are a ton of things, from decorating, to time off, to the end of it for those who don't like it, etc...

If you have more than one, that's cool - share it all!  :D

Topic: 

Tags: 

Rating: 

Your rating: None Average: 2.3 (3 votes)

Comments

My favorite parts of the season are...

poligirl's picture

seeing the decorations - it makes me feel festive - jovial even, and the time off. i work a lot, and if Christmas and New Years fall on a weekday, i actually get them off. so this year, yay, i have a holiday!  :D

Your rating: None Average: 3 (3 votes)

Heh, I'm a scrooge.

Glinda's picture

I used to love this time of year, but as the years go by, circumstances changed, I'm looking forward to the beginning of January.

Sorry, but I am.  There were so many, many things I used to love about this time of year, but not anymore.  Granted, I get a twinge here and there for this and that, but it's fleeting.

January 2nd is hump day for me... picking up the pace towards spring and summer ;)

I like Christmas lights and cold weather.

priceman's picture

Right now the weather feels disgusting to me and not like the holiday season at all. OH well. Maybe I'll break out my Christmas Story Lamp anyways. :P

Your rating: None Average: 3 (2 votes)

For you poligirl

LaEscapee's picture

Your rating: None Average: 3 (2 votes)

yeah, i know what you mean... i have no...

poligirl's picture

earthly idea why it could be so warm nowadays... sigh... stupid pols and lobbyists...

and i didn't have a white Christmas til my folks moved to Idaho and i'd go visit them then... white Christamases are pretty awesome!  :D

Pages