Once again it's time to make a few resolutions. Now, I don't go for the "self-improvement" variety of resolutions, A) because I won't keep them and B) and more importantly, I don't dislike myself all that much the way I am. So, I try to look for little things that will improve life in general. I might not keep these either, but who knows?
1. I'm not wearing any more shoes that hurt my feet. Okay, I have a wedding on Jan. 19th, but after that, no. I have EEE width Fred Flinstone feet and I am not jamming them into anything that wasn't made to accommodate them. Heels? Forget it--I have no equilibrium, are you kidding me?
2. Damn you Kevin Bacon! I had resolved not to begin another continuing drama on teevee. I am tired of the rug being yanked out from under me. If The Following gets canceled and leaves me hanging I'll be madder than a wet hen. This is it and I mean it this time.
3. I'm going to take another stab at getting my ass out of this house. Last year we lost our trusted sitter to a regular job. We knew the day was coming, but finding a replacement has thus far proved impossible. So, I've gone from going out once a month to one time in the last year. Not good.
4. Last summer me and the kids planted a little herb garden. Man, did that thing grow and thrive. We enjoyed the hell out of that, we're doing that again. And probably some tomatoes and peppers too.
5. Finally I resolve to take more time to realize the happiness while I'm in it. I'm not gonna lie, 2012 sucked hard. Circumstances here at chez triv were dreadful on several levels. But there were things- little islands of happiness that popped up here and there that got me through it. I think somewhere along the line in the progress I was making with Dan I was reminded just how precious some of the things that money can't buy are and I drank that in, I savored it. I've developed a taste for it now, I'd like more.
So, there's my resolutions. I think I can keep a few of 'em~