A Sunday Laugh

Go for the Throat!

The challenge for President Obama’s speech is the challenge of his second term: how to be great when the environment stinks. Enhancing the president’s legacy requires something more than simply the clever application of predictable stratagems. Washington’s partisan rancor, the size of the problems facing government, and the limited amount of time before Obama is a lame duck all point to a single conclusion: The president who came into office speaking in lofty terms about bipartisanship and cooperation can only cement his legacy if he destroys the GOP. If he wants to transform American politics, he must go for the throat

Topic: 

Rating: 

Your rating: None Average: 3 (2 votes)

Comments

That Who song is talkin bout my generation too

priceman's picture

Except too many of them are fooled still. When that changes we will have hope.

Also

Your rating: None Average: 3 (3 votes)

Morning priceman

LaEscapee's picture

I always get a kick out of your tweets #uppers I see most of them in real time but I obviously miss a few gems. Thanks for bringing them here my friend.

I found a quote this morning you might appreciate

Anthony Monteiro: Obama’s presidency has nothing to do with the legacy of King, it’s actually the opposite

It's from this vid The Radicalization of Martin Luther King Jr.

And using MLK's AND Lincoln's bibles aren't going

Glinda's picture

to change anything, except make his ego grow bigger.

Moving on...

I thought this was interesting from wikipedia:

Inauguration Day is a Federal holiday observed only by federal employees who work in the District of Columbia; Montgomery and Prince George's Counties in Maryland; Arlington and Fairfax Counties in Virginia, and the cities of Alexandria and Fairfax in Virginia, and who are regularly scheduled to perform non-overtime work on Inauguration Day. There is no in-lieu-of holiday for employees and students who are not regularly scheduled to work or attend school on Inauguration Day. The primary reason for the holiday is to relieve traffic congestion that occurs during this major event.

Well that is interesting

LaEscapee's picture

here is my question...

Since the actual inauguration day is today do those rules apply tomorrow for the planned party?

Your rating: None Average: 3 (2 votes)

Yesterday, during Gun Appreciation Day, ...

BruceMcF's picture

... two people were accidentally shot at a safety demonstration at a gun show.

Why do we have Gun Appreciation Day, but no Car Wreck Appreciation Day? Why do gun mass murderers get all the love from the NRA, while they are totally silent on the need to support vehicular murderers?

After all, it stands to reason that the only protection from a bad driver with no brakes in their car is a good driver with no brakes in their car.

Your rating: None Average: 3 (4 votes)

that's what I'm afraid of

nemesis's picture

That he'll go for the throat. Of the left which he hates more than the teabillies.

Your rating: None Average: 3 (4 votes)

so many parties to plan, so little time...........

sartoris's picture

Well, the house is going to be jumping for the next couple weeks.  What with my inaugeration party and then the Super Bowl Party.  Nothing to celebrate at all.  I am finding myself sliding into the camp that says that the inauguration is a waste of money.   I know that the event itself is not a contributing factor to the deficit, that's not my point.  For a president who quite willing agreed to a 2 year pay freeze for federal employees I find his over the top party for himself quite indefensible.  Just take the oath, have a slice of cake , put a slice of orange in your foo foo Blue Moon beer and call it a party. 

The only good thing about this year's Super Bowl is that it will absolutely not include the Packers.

Pages