Chronic Tonic at VOTS- Relax~

I thought that tonight I would focus on something pleasant. Most of us have something we do to relax, a hobby or pastime that we find eases our stress or feeds our souls in some way. Me? I like to read, I play a few facebook games, Cleetus and I tag team a couple of crossword puzzles every day and when my hands are working, I like to doodle.

I've always liked to dabble in some kind of art and I've always been a doodler, but sometime last year I got myself some micron pens and paper and started working on some more elaborate pieces.

Now, I'm not a master or anything, but when I'm finished it makes me pretty happy.  My hands don't always cooperate, so I have more ideas for pieces than I have work to show for it.

dragonfly

I throw out many more than I finish and I have about six abandoned partial sketches that seemed like a good idea when I started them. This one was almost abandoned, it's a salvage and it turned out to be one of my favorites.

I took a break for a little while, but I'm working on a piece now and I hope to be inking by the weekend. It's slow going on this piece because I have more of a picture going on in it, but I'm happy with it so far. Damn the shaky hands, screw the shooting nerve pain--full speed ahead.

So, what do you do to relax?

Topic: 

Column: 

Tags: 

Rating: 

Your rating: None Average: 3 (6 votes)

Comments

Those are beautiful drawings, triv33.

Glinda's picture

Thank you for sharing them.

And to answer your question about what does one do to relax?  Tough to say for me.  Other than a glass of wine, I usually watch a TV show that I enjoy that takes "me away" and when I watch it, I think of nothing else.  That's a big plus for me.

Or reading a good book.  That always helps.

Your rating: None Average: 3 (7 votes)

Great work, triv33

priceman's picture

I admire the way you think about all these intricate patterns. I can see numerous uses for them for interior designs for wallpaper among other things. You know I share similar interests though nowadays I am picky on what I start(having the idea fleshed out first) which is why I love the spontaneous nature of these which turned out great. My last piece was this one.

Your rating: None Average: 3 (7 votes)

Pages