Weekend Question Open Thread

Well, I'm going with a few really simple questions this weekend.

To live: beach, mountains, grassy prairie, city center, or desert.

To vacation: beach, mountains, grassy prairie, city center, or desert.

And what's on yer mind tonight? Anything good? Food for thought?

Topic: 

Tags: 

Rating: 

Your rating: None Average: 3 (2 votes)

Comments

for me...

poligirl's picture

to live, i prefer beach or prairie.

to vacation, i prefer beach, mountain, or desert.

not much is on my mind, tired. long week at work, so resting up and taking it easy... :D

Your rating: None Average: 3 (3 votes)

I think this is great news. Very uplifting.

Glinda's picture

Hackers take over gov't website to avenge Swartz

The hacker-activist group Anonymous says it hijacked the website of the U.S. Sentencing Commission to avenge the death of Aaron Swartz, an Internet activist who committed suicide.

The website of the commission, an independent agency of the judicial branch, was taken over early Saturday and replaced with a message warning that when Swartz killed himself two weeks ago "a line was crossed."

Your rating: None Average: 3 (6 votes)

And this statement from Obama makes me want to barf

Glinda's picture

in reference to the very sad news that Senator Harkin will retire from the Senate.

By the time Senator Harkin finishes his fifth term, he will have represented the people of Iowa in the United States Congress for an incredible 40 years. He has served in the U.S. Senate longer than any Democrat in Iowa's history. During his tenure, he has fought passionately to improve quality of life for Americans with disabilities and their families, to reform our education system and ensure that every American has access to affordable health care. Senator Harkin will be missed, and Michelle and I join Iowans in thanking him for his long-standing service and wish him and his wife, Ruth, all the best in the future.

Your rating: None Average: 3 (5 votes)

Some of these are subjective

priceman's picture

Live: I would like high elevations because it's colder and there are seasons. Yet I could live on the beach, not Galveston's nasty ass beach though it's not a bad place to visit and party. I could live in a city center if it were an art/comic book/animation/video game/film hub with decent mass transit. Not one based on oil, traffic, and congestion. There's also subjective nature to money, and the cost of living anywhere nice is going to be high as far as rent and owning land.

Vacation: Hawaii beach and mountains.

Your rating: None Average: 3 (2 votes)

Pages