Most Interesting Thing You've Read This Past Week

Howdy! Welcome to the our weekly open thread on interesting reads! This is where to post links to those great things that made you say "Ah!" when you read them, so the rest of us can read them too!

So what is the most interesting thing you've read in the past week?

It can be anything - a book, a news article, a blog post, a recipe, a cartoon, anything goes...

And please - if there's a link, link it; if it's a recipe post it. :D

Topic: 

Tags: 

Rating: 

Your rating: None Average: 3 (5 votes)

Comments

that Sirota piece is depressing since it's on the money

Shahryar's picture

I get sad when I realize that those who call themselves Democrats, progressives or liberals are not necessarily smart. In fact most of them must be unable to....well, I hate sounding like an elitist.

But on each issue that the President is in the wrong you'd think more and more people would wise up. Instead they see the "Affordable Care Act" and they believe it's affordable. They can keep their kid on their policy for a few more years, which is nice since the kid can't afford it!! and you'd think they'd make the connection that it's not affordable!! and yet they insist it is because it says so, right in the title.

As Sirota says, the President says one thing, does the opposite and gets a pass on it by people who'd be screaming if a Bush did it. It's almost as if the policy doesn't matter!! I put exclamation marks because it's mind-blowing.

Anyway, thanks for the Sirota link. Now I can be bummed out in the privacy of my own home.

Your rating: None Average: 3 (4 votes)

Pages