I’m getting old. Not “really” old but old nonetheless. I have to watch my health more carefully, take measures I didn’t have to take up until five years ago or so. That’s life, nobody escapes.
Recently I’ve contemplated a life change regarding my reading habits. I used to get into a good thriller or horror novel such as from Tom Clancy, Dean Koontz and Steven King. Over the last seven//eight years I’ve instead focused on reading political and activist blogs and websites. I read the heavy stuff about the wars, foreign affairs and foreign policy, economy, imperialism, police state, climate change, corporatism, neoliberalism, neo-conservatism, and politics news and opinion to name some of the subjects.
Back to my recent contemplation. It’s getting hard to take. Some days I can’t do it. Today I did, and this is what I read. I’ve been reading this same kind of material almost day in and day out over that entire time period.
- How the Banking System Really Works and How it is Destroying America
- Prisons are Big Business. The Prison Industrial Complex and the Global Economy
- More than 50 Percent of US Government Spending Goes to the Military
- U.S. Steps up War on Syria: CIA is the Anchor of a Coordinated Secret Operation
- Orwellian Law Enforcement Police Stop and Frisk-Detentions in New York City
- Cyprus Postmortems Economic Depression is the New Normal
- Environmental Crisis in the Amazon Due to Oil Contamination. Peru Declares State of Emergency
- Gitmo Prisoner: We all Died When Obama Indefinitely Detained Us
- The Failure of Laissez Faire Capitalism and Economic Dissolution of the West
- US Sequester Cuts and the Fraud of “Political Gridlock"
- US Led Campaign against Syria Destabilizes Lebanon
- Iraq, 10 Years Later : Living with No Future
- The Obama-Kerry-Hagel Regime Selling Death and Buying Assassins in the Middle East, North Africa and South Asia
- Dangerous Crossroads: The Threat of a Pre-emptive Nuclear War directed against Iran
- Why America Needs War
- US-Israeli Stuxnet Cyber attacks against Iran: “Act of War”
It doesn’t get better, it just keeps getting worse. This country and the world keep getting worse. That’s the simplest way to put it. There are some out there that disagree, eternal optimists or those with interests in the causes. But most people know even if they don’t read what I do, it’s getting worse. Round and round we go, where we completely disintegrate nobody knows.
I don’t want any suggestions, that isn’t why I wrote this. I certainly don’t want any sympathy. My life is much better than billions and certainly better than most of the people in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Yemen, and Somalia. It’s my choice, I have a choice. At least for now, until the Ministry of Truth takes over completely.
I just wanted some people to look at that list and perhaps read the same things. Knowledge is power.