TBC: Morning Musing 3.10.15

I have 4 articles for you this morning - 3 related and the last one just an interesting one.

First, in the wake of the ill advised slap by inviting Bibi to Congress, this is what the GOP Senators did now, pretty much in violation of the Logan Act, not that they'll be called on it:

Backstabbing Republicans Publish Open Letter To Iran Undermining Negotiations

I am once again shocked, but not surprised, at the lengths Republicans will go to to undermine the President of the United States while he is conducting negotiations with the government of a foreign country.

link to the letter

Jump!

Then, Iran's Foreign Minister responded schooling those GOPers:

Iran Foreign Minister Gives GOP Senators A Dose Of Reality Medicine

Whatever our response as a country is to Senate Republicans' shameless attempt to undermine the President's negotiations with Iran, I think we can all agree that foreign minister Javad Zarif's response is a terrific one.

And then some commentary on how just far out of control the GOPers are at this point:

Republicans are beginning to act as though Barack Obama isn't even the president

It's safe to say that no president in modern times has had his legitimacy questioned by the opposition party as much as Barack Obama. But as his term in office enters its final phase, Republicans are embarking on an entirely new enterprise: They have decided that as long as he holds the office of the presidency, it's no longer necessary to respect the office itself.

Finally, on another topic, this is just cool:

Australia Uses the Motion of the Ocean to Generate Zero-Emission Electricity and Desalinate Water Simultaneously

It's not the size of the buoy that counts. It's the motion in the ocean.

Actually, both are pretty important. At least, they are when it comes to Australia's new CETO 5 system: "The first array of wave power generators to be connected to an electricity grid in Australia and worldwide" according to Australian Renewable Energy Agency CEO Ivor Frischknecht. As of February 18, that system has been channeling clean, efficient, zero-emission energy into Australia's power grid, providing electricity to the country's largest naval base.

So how you doin'?  :D

Topic: 

Column: 

Tags: 

Rating: 

No votes yet